Saturday, March 5, 2011

I've become a regular Saturday blogger. I never seem to have the time for it during the busy week!

The ROCKHARBOR blog really got me this week so I wanted to answer the questions posted on it.

What is something that is taking your attention today? What are you seeking? What are you chasing after? Food, I am having breakthroughs but it is still what I am most concerned with.
What does it mean to have your whole being long for God? To be fully satisfied in God? To think of God in everything that I do. I want to be tempted by food, then call on God for help, and then overcome my food craving and succeed. I want to not rely on food and fully rely on God. I want to find that God is all I need.
Write a description of God based on the words you find in this Psalm. God is ALL. He is all powerful, all powerful, all loving, all satisfying, all everything. I can be satisfied in God and nothing else.
Where are you? Do you find yourself with David? Or are you someplace else? I am in between. I now am aware of my food tempting and bring God into it but I have not been able to overcome the craving. I am reading a book that is really helping my thought process on God, cravings, and food. I am excited of my learning process and how far I have come and where I go :-)

8 comments:

  1. lindsey, thank you so much, again, for your honesty and transparency in this. i really love it. also, when you blog is no matter, sweet girl! i know i just love that we're all sharing. it's encouraging to know you found this devotional valuable to you. i know i kinda skimmed it and then just brushed it off. thanks for showing me how God works in different ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so good to hear and it is encouraging to see you pursing God in this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the honesty here Lindsey, that is somethign that really stuck out to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being vulnerable with us Lindsey. I will be praying that you fully rest in the fact that God is your all and you don't need food to satisfy. :) I would love to support you during this time. So let me know how I can do that. By the way, I would love to get together with you and hike soon and chat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Lindsey. Im gonna sit and answer those questions for myself too. And I'm looking forward to cutting your hair on Saturday too!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :)I can see your definitely processing and working through the questions in a quest to make God your everything. Continue to seek Him in every moment. He wants you happy, healthy, and loving the path that He has placed before you. Thank you for the questions, I am going to work through them too. Praying for you in all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What book are you reading? I might be interested in reading it too. Thank you for posting this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Appreciate the answers :) Good to read.

    ReplyDelete